plans for 0.12

Pieter Praet pieter at praet.org
Wed Mar 7 11:52:05 PST 2012

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:43:50 -0400, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 22:21:29 +0100, Pieter Praet <pieter at praet.org> wrote:
> >
> > Some of the features added/refactored post-0.11.1 don't have any
> > test coverage yet.  Should they, before wrapping up 0.12 ?
> > (not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely asking for opinions)
> >

> Hi Pieter;
>
> My initial answer is probably not. I see the tests as mainly useful
> during development, for detecting regressions. I think most people doing
> development will be working from git, rather than the distribution
> tarballs we ship.
>
> On the other hand, adding tests is also not that risky, so if the
> concensus is strongly in favour of integrating them pre 0.12, and
> somebody wants to review them all, then I'm willing to consider it.

Fair enough.

Just in case anyone considers them beneficial and/or is willing to
review (whether it be for inclusion in 0.12 or later), I've gotten
rid of the merge conflict by moving the last test to a new file
called `emacs-search' [1] (also see [2]).  Other than that, it
remains unchanged.

Peace

--
Pieter