[alot] reply from search mode

Adam Wolfe Gordon awg+notmuch at xvx.ca
Wed Mar 7 06:21:45 PST 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 14:17, Patrick Totzke
<patricktotzke at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Quoting Philippe LeCavalier (2012-03-06 16:00:16)
>>How would I add a reply key binding to reply directly from the search
>>mode. ie something like R. Forward and editnew would be nice as well.
>
> This could indeed be useful, but I'm not convinced this is a great idea in general:
> What would that command do if your selection is a thread with multiple leaf-mails?
> reply to the first? ask the user?

It's worth noting that this question is unresolved for Notmuch in
general. My reply patchset disables the CLI reply command for searches
returning multiple messages, which will also disable this
functionality in emacs. Right now it "works", but doesn't really
produce desirable behavior.