plans for 0.12

Pieter Praet pieter at praet.org
Thu Mar 1 13:21:29 PST 2012

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:27:02 -0400, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:

> I would like to start a freeze (i.e. merge master to release) for 0.12
> within the next week, say March 1 for an easy to remember date.
>
> If you have suggestions for things that "should really go in", feel free
> to follow up. The main point here is bug fixes, or features which are
> there in a kindof half baked way.

Some of the features added/refactored post-0.11.1 don't have any
test coverage yet.  Should they, before wrapping up 0.12 ?
(not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely asking for opinions)

Anyways, I've taken the liberty of tagging the following patches '0.12':

- test: emacs: toggle processing of cryptographic MIME parts in `notmuch-show'
  - id:"1329684990-12504-2-git-send-email-pieter at praet.org"
- test: emacs: toggle eliding of non-matching messages in `notmuch-show'
  - id:"1329684990-12504-3-git-send-email-pieter at praet.org"
- test: emacs: toggle thread content indentation in `notmuch-show'
  - id:"1329684990-12504-4-git-send-email-pieter at praet.org"

- test: emacs: new tests "notmuch-show: {add,remove} multiple tags {to,from} single message"
  - id:"1330122640-18895-2-git-send-email-pieter at praet.org"
- test: emacs: new test "notmuch-show: change tags of all messages in current buffer"
  - id:"1330122640-18895-3-git-send-email-pieter at praet.org"

- test: emacs: new test "notmuch-search: change tags of all matching messages"
  - id:"1329936867-923-1-git-send-email-pieter at praet.org"

If applied in that order, the last one needs to be applied with the
`--3way' option, which results in an easily resolved merge conflict,
but if needed, I'll rebase it.

> Bug fix wise, I know about
>
>   id:"1330068983-4483-1-git-send-email-sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz"
>
> This could use some review.
>
> It has also been some chatter that either (the next iteration of)
>
>    id:"1329296619-7463-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com"
>
> Should go in, or we should revert amdragon's exclude stuff.
>
> I don't have strong feelings either way, except it is somewhat late in
> the day for a large(ish) and complicated series.
>
> There are several other patch series that look ready from a review point
> of view, but I'd rather have them pushed earlier in the release cycle
> (or at least I don't see a hurry). For example
>
>    id:"1329490088-8323-2-git-send-email-dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com"
>    id:"1329697590-7404-1-git-send-email-amdragon at mit.edu"
>
> My (tentative) plan is to push those once I have branched for release.

Peace

--
Pieter