Replacing my name/email with "me" (or similar) in author lists

Jesse Rosenthal jrosenthal at jhu.edu
Thu Mar 1 06:28:19 PST 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:47:46 -0500, Austin Clements <amdragon at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:36:57 -0500, Austin Clements <amdragon at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> > > What if the output of search (say, specifically the JSON format)
> > > included information on each message in the thread such as the
> > > 'message' production from devel/schemata minus the body field?
> [...]
> I was suggesting just using notmuch_thread_get_toplevel_messages in
> search (essentially, mixing a bit of show into search).  No library
> changes necessary.

In any event, I'd really love to see something like this. Because I work
remotely, over an ssh tunnel, and it's nice to have various scripts
local. However, things like notmuch_addresses and my recipient_search
script have to run on the server, since they need bindings-level access
to the database. If I could get the JSON you describe over the wire, I
could probably just make one remote call and then confine my local work
to JSON parsing. A niche need, I realize.