[alot] nottoomuch-addresses.sh config

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 29 11:12:53 PST 2012

Quoting Philippe LeCavalier (2012-02-29 16:31:40)
>I had nottoomuch-addresses.sh working perfectly in emacs and I'm trying
>to get it going in alot. Here's[1] what I've got so far. One things that
>really confusing me is the brackets in the help file[2]. As soon as I
>put double brackets alot can't read the account. Am I misunderstanding
>something about those brackets?
the config uses a section called "account" and each subsection defines an account.
each account subsection may have an "abook" subsubsection to define the abook for this account.
here's what I use myself:

```
#.. global configs

[accounts]

    [[gmail]]
        realname = Patrick Totzke
        address = patricktotzke at gmail.com
        aliases = patricktotzke at googlemail.com,
        sendmail_command = msmtp --account=gmail -t
        draft_box = "maildir:///home/pazz/mail/gmail/[Google Mail].Drafts"
        sent_box = "maildir:///home/pazz/mail/gmail/[Google Mail].Sent Mail"
        [[[abook]]]
          command = nottoomuch-addresses.sh
          regexp = (\"(?P<name>.+)\")?\s*<(?P<email>.*@.+?)>

     [[uni]]
        #...
```

> should I be creating a key binding to invoke the completion command?
No: this is used when you are prompted for recipients when composing a mail:
Hit `m`, select your account if you have more thn one, and when the prompt says
"To:" you

>It would seem to me that I might need to specify where the heck the
>script lives?

In your $PATH.
alot hands this command string to `subprocess.Popen`, which accepts
command names to to look them up in $PATH or absolute paths to binaries
if i'm not mistaken.

hth,
/p