search by date range

Austin Clements amdragon at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 18 16:55:04 PST 2012

Quoth Jameson Graef Rollins on Feb 18 at  4:40 pm:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:39:04 +0200, Jani Nikula <jani at nikula.org> wrote:
> > Finally, I've been working on adding support for a decent date range
> > search. It still needs some polish and tests, but seeing the demand,
> > perhaps I should just post the patches and see what happens.
>
> A while back Austin also worked on a custom query parser [0] that
> supported more natural language date specification.  He has threatened
> to resurrect that patch set as well.
>
> jamie.
>
> [0] id:"1293084024-7893-1-git-send-email-amdragon at mit.edu"

Really you want v2, id:"1295165458-9573-1-git-send-email-amdragon at mit.edu"

Ideally we would use a combination of my query parser and Jani's date
parser.  The date parser I included with my query parser was just a
simple demonstration whereas Jani's parser (I hear) is much more
complete but has some peculiarities that stem from Xapian's query
parser (like not being able to use spaces in dates).