notmuch-emacs bug report -- infinite looping trying to select next message

Rodney Lorrimar dev at rodney.id.au
Tue Feb 14 01:41:20 PST 2012

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:01:56 +1300, Michael Hudson-Doyle <michael.hudson at canonical.com> wrote:
> The attached gzipped mbox appears to trip up the emacs interface.  The
> problem seems to come from the message with id
> CAGNsrLCWv6=36q+q+5Hc_SzgdZ2ergeKkapT7T3xXvim=2cK+A at mail.gmail.com.
>
> If you load up the thread in emacs, you get a message:
>
> mm-extern-cache-contents: Couldn't find access type

If you put (require 'gnus-art) into your .emacs and eval it, does the
problem go away?

I had a similar problem when running a newer emacs-snapshot with
notmuch. See this thread: id:"87d3aaqyur.fsf at eve.chaoflow.net"

> Then attempting to advance past the last display message (or pressing A,
> or a few other things I expect gets emacs to loop indefinitely.
> toggle-debug-on-quit gets me this backtrace:

I believe the actual bug is in gnus but I don't really like the loop on
error behaviour of notmuch. I would like to try and fix it but haven't
found the time.

Cheers,

Rodney