newbie questions

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Sun Feb 5 22:51:15 PST 2012

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:59:34 +0100, Tamas Papp <tkpapp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started using notmuch.  It is fascinating, but I still need to
> figure out a few things:
>
> 1. How can I restrict searches (eg of my inbox) to the last few
> messages (eg 50-100) or some date (eg last 2 weeks)?  I am using the
> Emacs interface.

Currently, if you have GNU date you can run from command line:

date +%s.. --date '2 weeks ago'

Then paste the string 1327300096.. to the search field.

> 2. Could someone point me to some guides on workflow with notmuch in
> Emacs?  So far I have been using mutt, and I guess I need to rethink a
> few things.

guides??? what guides??? ;) http://notmuchmail.org/ has some (old)
practices available...

> 3. If I have multiple accounts, how can I change my e-mail address
> (From:) when I am writing messages (within emacs, using the m key).

This is something I've long been planning to look out but so far
my needs have been so small that the effort threshold has not been
passed...

> Thanks,
>
> Tamas

Tomi