emacs: quote MML tags in replies

Pieter Praet pieter at praet.org
Wed Feb 1 12:35:26 PST 2012

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:18:55 +0400, Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 14:51:37 +0100, Pieter Praet <pieter at praet.org> wrote:
> > On Wed,  1 Feb 2012 06:49:39 +0400, Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Aaron.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your work!  I took the liberty to do some cleanups for your
> > > patch.  Below is a detailed list of changes.
> > >

> > Thanks to the both of you!
> >

> > > Hope this helps.
> > >
> > > Changes since v2:
> > >
> > > * change patch names to be consistent with others:
> > >
> > >   - s/emacs:/test:/ for the test patch
> > >
> > >   - lower case the first word after colon in the patch title
> > >
> > > * polish NEWS wording, move it to 0.12 section
> > >
> > > * add comment to `mml-quote-region' call, as suggested by Tomi [1]
> > >
> > > * fix and clean up the test:
> > >
> > >   - set `notmuch-fcc-dirs' to nil to avoid adding the Fcc header,
> > >     otherwise it breaks the test on other systems as pointed by
> > >     David [2]
> > >

> > Could also have been avoided by adding the expected result inline,
> > and using "Fcc: $(pwd)/mail/sent".  I'll send an updated patch to
> > that effect.
> >

> I do not understand how this is better.  [...]

Well, the expected output is only 7 lines, so we might as well keep it
inside the test itself (of which the advantages need no reiteration),
and doing so would allow us to get the Fcc path in a more future-proof way;
`notmuch-fcc-dirs' is more susceptible to deprecation than $MAIL_DIR et al.

> [...] But please do not use $(pwd)
> here.  I know that other tests do that in the same case, but it is
> wrong.  There is $MAIL_DIR variable for this.  See "notmuch-fcc-dirs set
> to a string" test for an example.

Good point!  Patch follows.

> Regards,
>   Dmitry
>

> > >   - use default values for add_message parameters where possible
> > >
> > >   - use a sane subject value in add_message
> > >
> > >   - use shorter MML tag as produced by (mml-insert-part)
> > >
> > >   - indenting and other minor cleanups
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >   Dmitry
> > >
> > > [1] id:"m2wr89ioos.fsf at guru.guru-group.fi"