gmime2.6 packaging for debian

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Thu Jan 26 23:16:45 PST 2012

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 02:47:57 -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> those of you who run debian might be interested in the gmime2.6
> packaging which i cobbled together for debian from the existing gmime2.4
> packaging:
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/657426
>
> Those of you developing notmuch with the gmime 2.6 patchsets might be
> interested in trying it out.  Please let me know of any problems you
> might have with the experimental packaging.
>
> It would be good if we could change the build-deps to
>
>  libgmime2.6-dev | libgmime2.4-dev

Hey, folks.  FYI, I build a gmime2.6 debian package from Daniel's new
packaging [0], and it built and installed completely cleanly.  After
reconfiguring notmuch, it picked up the 2.6 library and compiled and
works without issue.

Thanks so much dkg and everyone who got the compatibility working!
Sounds like official packages might be showing up in experimental soon.

jamie.

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=657426#15