ignore folders patch?

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema djcb.bulk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:38:10 PST 2012

Hi,

On 2012-01-22T13:32:12 EET, Fabio Zanini wrote:

 > Hi!
 >
 > This is my first message to the list. In 2010 a patch was developed that
 > enabled notmuch new to ignore certain subdirectories of the mail folder:
 >
 > http://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2010/003170.html
 >
 > However, I cannot find any reference to it in the git history, and it
 > does not seem to have been implemented.
 >
 > This feature seems to be relevant, what would you think of reviving it
 > and including it into the codebase? I could try to update the patch
 > myself.

I don't think my patch made it either:
 http://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2010/001103.html

which support ignoring directories by dropping a '.noindex' file in them. I've
been happily using that with the "mu" program for years.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb at djcbsoftware.nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl