RFC: tag macros

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Wed Jan 18 18:15:37 PST 2012

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:04:44 -0400, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:
> If we're going to go the way of providing a toolkit/api for uses to make
> their own bindings, then I think that we should make the effort to
> provide a proper info document with the distribution, rather than
> relying on the wiki.  Of course, that means more work, and yet another
> markup language, I guess.

Can't we just use the emacs build-in documentation?

My idea of documenting on the wiki was just as a starting point.  It
could list some of the available functions, and how to use them, and
then have good references to emacs documentation and how to find it.

I'm guessing we also have a lot of functions that are marked interactive
that don't necessarily need to be.  Weeding those out might make
documentation easier.

jamie.