Regarding notmuch and Fedora 16

Darren McGuicken mailing-notmuch at fernseed.info
Tue Jan 3 14:36:59 PST 2012

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 17:09:39 -0500, Peter Portante <peter.a.portante at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in using notmuch from within emacs, but have not been
> able to get the latest version of notmuch (0.10.2) to compile under
> Fedora 16.

Looks like we have a growing Fedora community, yay! :-)

And it's nothing you're doing wrong, per my reply to the other thread
F16 is using the current development version of gmime which has API
differences with the stable version 2.4.  The patch that exists isn't
part of standard notmuch since it in turn breaks 2.4 compatibility.

What's the right way to handle this?  I see 2.6 tarballs on gnome... is
2.6 officially out there and stable?