Regarding notmuch and Fedora 16

Peter Portante peter.a.portante at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:09:39 PST 2012

Hello folks,

I am interested in using notmuch from within emacs, but have not been
able to get the latest version of notmuch (0.10.2) to compile under
Fedora 16:

    [pportant at frodo notmuch-0.10.2]$ make
    Use "make V=1" to see the verbose compile lines.
    CC -O2 debugger.o
    In file included from debugger.c:21:0:
    notmuch-client.h:72:5: error: unknown type name 'GMimeSignatureValidity'
    notmuch-client.h:86:5: error: unknown type name 'GMimeCipherContext'
    make: *** [debugger.o] Error 1

It appears that with GMime v2.6 (from v2.4), a change was made to remove
the use of GMimeSignatureValidity in favor of GMimeSignatureList, and
renamed GMimeCipherContext to GMimeCryptoContext.

Am I doing something wrong here? Using the wrong version of notmuch
sources with Fedora 16? Or do I need to get gmime 2.4 installed? I have
gmime.x86_64 2.5.8-1.fc16 installed, and it appears that provides the
v2.6 include files for gmime (go figure).

Could there be work already done to solve this?

Thanks, -peter