Python bindings for adoption

Mon Jan 2 08:14:58 PST 2012

Hi all, a happy new year!

After a few weeks of notmuch abstinence I am being overwhelmed with 750
new notmuch mails, and I really don't have the time or will (nor does my
family approve) to spend enormous amounts of time on notmuch. I am
already neglecting offlineimap, which also needs some attention.

As I have repeatedly stated that I want to hand over the maintainership
of the notmuch python bindings, and I would like to do it asap. I feel
that people like Patrick Totzke, or Justus Winter who generally have
been working on this far more intensely than I recently did are both
very well positioned to take on that role :-). Most importantly, they
actually work with the bindings while I don't use them myself anymore.

I will only merge bug fixes as of now, and not invest time to refactor
the code or add lots of bells and whistles. Let me know if anyone would
volunteer to take them on.

Looking forward to see more cool notmuch, alot, afew, and muchother
development progress.

Sebastian