have "notmuch help" call man?

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Wed Dec 21 19:43:09 PST 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 00:16:47 -0400, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:

> You can also look at the patches in git://pivot.cs.unb.ca/notmuch
> branch split-man

I made some progress.

The man pages are now installed, a notmuch help (built from this branch)
uses them.

The hacks we added to update and check the versions in the man page need
to be re-done or maybe re-thought; perhaps some simple preprocessing
with m4 or equivalent is in order to embed version numbers.

All going well, I'd like to push these relatively soon after we freeze
0.11, so that future documentation changes can take advantage of doing
it in one place.

I'm not sure if posting the patches make sense; it's up to 74k of diffs,
even using "git format-patch -D".  I'm open to suggestions, as always.