Question : Tag mail according to it directory path ?

emmanuel.leblond at gmail.com emmanuel.leblond at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:59:09 PST 2011

Hi there !
I'm looking for using notmuch as my regular MUA, but I have a trouble so far.

I have a 4000+ mail collection already sorted in folders. The point is I would
like to tag those mails through the notmuch database according to those
folders. (i.g. the mails in the friend/foo directory will be tagged as friend
and foo)

Is there any way to do this easily or should I make a quick'n dirty script to
do the job ? (i.e. cat each mail of a folder, sed to get subject/receivers ect
and do a notmuch search and tag with those arguments)

Regards

--

G.bleu