GLib-ERROR Mesage Running notmuch new

Austin Clements amdragon at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 16 12:45:29 PST 2011

Quoth Nathan Edson on Dec 16 at 12:07 pm:
> Hello,
> I posted yesterday detailing this issue I am having:
>
> yabai at newb:~$ notmuch new
> Processed 1 files (0 files/sec.).
> GLib-ERROR **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.28.6/./glib/gmem.c:239: failed to allocate 2147483648 bytes
> aborting...
> Aborted
>
> I thought that I might have better success compiling notmuch from the latest source.  I did this, and am still getting the same error.  I am running Ubuntu 11.04.
>
> Any tips or recommendations appreciated.  I have Googled like crazy, but am coming up empty.
>
> Nathan

Since you're now building notmuch from source, could you build it with
make clean && make CFLAGS=-g and run it under gdb again to get a
backtrace?  I don't understand why strace didn't show it opening any
mail, but with debug symbols the backtrace should hopefully tell us
that.