[alot] announcing v0.2 aka. "robot santa"

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 11 11:55:14 PST 2011

Hi everyone!

I have just released version 0.2 of my terminal GUI `alot`.
You can grab a tarball here [0].

There are some halfway working solutions for long standing open feature requests
(e.g. gnupg integration, messages search..) lying around. However, I decided against
working on those and instead put some effort into cleaning up and writing proper
API documentation [1].

Current features include (quoting the README):

 * modular and command prompt driven interface
 * tab completion and usage help for all commands
 * contacts completion using customizable `abook` lookups
 * user configurable keyboard maps
 * spawn terminals for asynchronous editing of mails
 * theming, optionally in 2, 16 or 256 colours
 * tag specific theming and tag string translation
 * (python) hooks to react on events and do custom formating
 * python shell for introspection
 * forward/reply/group-reply of emails
 * printing/piping of mails and threads
 * multiple accounts for sending mails via sendmail
 * notification popups with priorities
 * database manager that manages a write queue to the notmuch index

Beware the (admittedly short list of) FAQ [2] and don't hesitate
to send feedback, bug reports, feature or pull requests via the projects
github page [3].

Thanks goes to Sebastian Spaeth for continuous support with the python bindings to
libnotmuch, Ruben Pollan, Luke Macken, Justus Winter and Jaime Huerta-Cepas for
contributing code and Daniel Kreischer, Björn Bewersdorff and Amadeusz Żołnowski
for valuable feedback and bug reports.

Cheers,
/p

[0]: https://github.com/pazz/alot/tarball/0.2