tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Thu Dec 1 07:36:24 PST 2011
In addition to http://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/#index11h2
and Jani's 'goobook' in id:"87zkfuh3i0.fsf at nikula.org"
you can now also use
for your address completion needs when composing mail/reply.
This program is 1) easy to install and 2) pretty fast to use
How to install
1) Download the program from above url on the machine you're running
notmuch and find suitable location to it.
2) Verify it's sha1 checksum is 125f3917b3f2dc68bdf30af04ab623d53321e50c
3) chmod 755 /path/to/nottoomuch-addresses.pl
4) Run /path/to/nottoomuch-addresses.pl --update
When run first time this gathers email addresses from all of your mail.
This may take a long while to complete -- depends on the amount of email
you have. Further --updates are much faster as those just take addresses
from new mail.
5) Test that it works: Run /path/to/nottoomuch-addresses.pl notmuchmail
6) In case you're using emacs mua with notmuch, edit your notmuch
configuration for emacs with the following content:
(setq notmuch-address-command "/path/to/nottoomuch-addresses.pl")
7) Restart emacs notmuch mua (or eval above lines) and start composing
new mail. When adding recipient to To: field. press <TAB> after 3
or more characters have been added. In case you get 2 or more address
matches, use arrow keys in minibuffer to choose desired recipient...
/path/to/nottoomuch-addresses.pl --help provides more detailed information.
More information about the notmuch