compile error of current git on F15

Darren McGuicken mailing-notmuch at fernseed.info
Fri Nov 25 12:37:14 PST 2011

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:43:35 -0500, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:
> Just confirm, all the crypto tests pass with this patch? In that case,
> can we have the patch (preferably as generated by git-send-email)? Or
> did I miss it somewhere in this thread?

I don't believe the patch ever made it to the list, I can't find it in
my own archive.  From the changelog here:

  it looks like Karel Klíč of Red Hat created it back in July, I assume
that's when Fedora moved to the later GMime version.

The patch itself looks like it's a straight re-mapping of the 2.4
GMimeSignatureValidity to the 2.5+ equivalent along with some
deprecation of GMimeSession, so just applying the patch will break
compilation for anyone < 2.5.

Also, three of the crypto tests relating to signature validation /do/
fail, although it looks like that may simply be down to changes in the
output format and so just need updated test cases.

I've attached the patch as-is to this mail for reference purposes, but
based on the above it'll need a bit of tweaking before it's useful to
the wider group.