Winter is coming [upcoming release 0.10]

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Mon Nov 21 03:50:55 PST 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 23:11:49 -0400, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:

> We are now frozen for 0.10 release. As is my habit, I tagged 0.10_rc1,
> but didn't upload tarballs. I also upload 0.10~rc1 packages to Debian
> experimental.

I have now tagged 0.10_rc2, which mainly has doc changes since _rc1,
except for two patches trying to make the test suites use of dtach more
robust.

The emacs tests are still failing on the Debian autobuilders (not sure
why) and in places where TMPDIR is set to some absurdly long path. We
may or may not need to fix this before release.

The license of notmuch-deliver is a concern. notmuch-deliver is GPL2
(only) and notmuch is GPL3+. Now, I'm fairly confident that notmuch
upstream is not going to sue, but it seems that binaries of
notmuch-deliver are probably not distributable according to a strict
reading of the licenses (or the FSF FAQ).

We still are missing a few NEWS items; some of which which we could
perhaps ignore.

> Ali Polatel:
>     Some announcement for notmuch-deliver in contrib
>
> Dmitry Kurochkin:
>       emacs: add invisible space after the search widget field in notmuch-hello

This is probably ignorable from a NEWS point of view.