Patch review/application process

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Nov 1 07:28:45 PDT 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:42:33 +0200, Daniel Schoepe <daniel at schoepe.org> wrote:

>. There is also a number of patches that have been reviewed by
> long-term contributors, but are then seemingly forgotten (I can find
> some concrete examples of this, if this claim is in doubt).

<pet-project-promotion>
Maybe you can tag those patches as "notmuch::reviewed" using nmbug? [1]
My idea is that

   notmuch search tag:notmuch::patch and tag:notmuch::reviewed

should give a kind of consensus set of "ready to go" patch sets. Don't
worry about if I or someone else disagrees with your assessment, we can
always untag it, and leave a comment in the commit log. [2]

</pet-project-promotion>

There are also plenty of patches that are not reviewed at all. I'm not
defending the state of patch integration, but I think we could use some
more reviews as well.

[1]: http://notmuchmail.org/nmbug/
[2]: nmbug log $id could be defined as something like "cd $HOME/.nmbug && git log -- tags/$(echo $id | sha1sum -)"