remote-notmuch.sh

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Thu Oct 27 02:20:15 PDT 2011

On Wed 26 Oct 2011 20:48, Jani Nikula <jani at nikula.org> writes:

> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:04:55 +0300, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> wrote:
>> The remote-notmuch.sh script on page http://notmuchmail.org/remoteusage/
>> starts to show it's age. As the notmuch command line interface has evolved
>> (and emacs ui followed) it is not working in many cases anymore.
>>
>> I took the script and modified it to work in my cases so far.
>
> There are many scripts like this; I wonder if it would be a good idea to
> include some of them in the notmuch repository? A "contrib" subdirectory
> comes to mind.

I was thinking of adding this (and -- Jani: you're gonna like this ;), the
perl version of remote-notmuch) to the notmuch-wiki repo and then point
these in the remoteusage.mdwn there. Making contrib directory there could
be good option (and each of the contributed script there should
documentation of it available in these .mdwn files).

How does this idea feels like ?

> BR,
> Jani.

Tomi