search for date received possible?

Ivy Foster joyfulgirl at archlinux.us
Sun Oct 23 15:33:34 PDT 2011

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 23:42:54 +0200, Gregor Zattler <telegraph at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:47:41 -0400, Ivy Foster <joyfulgirl at archlinux.us> wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:53:29 +0200, Gregor Zattler <telegraph at gmx.net> wrote:
> > > is it possible to limit searches to date received
> > > ranges instead of date (sent) ranges?

> > If your mail is delivered by procmail, I know you can
> > insert arbitrary headers as part of the mail-processing
> > stage, generally using formail.

> There are already Received:-Headers in emails which
> contain the date when the mail was received.

True; I just figured a unique one would be easier to search
for, since (at least in mail I receive) there are generally
several "Received:" headers.

> How do I search on arbitrary headers? This is especially
> difficult since date specifications are so complex.

You should be able to search for any free-form text just by
leaving out the "from:", "to:", etc., prefix. To be honest,
however, I'm new to notmuch myself and still learning my way
around.

iff

--
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
    -- Harrison