Call for NEWS (Re: 0.9 release plans)

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Sat Oct 8 06:01:03 PDT 2011

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:53:50 -0300, David Bremner <bremner at unb.ca> wrote:
> I originally tagged 0.9~rc1 on the idea of getting back to a first of
> the month release for 0.9, but that didn't happen because I wanted to
> get the notmuch_database_find_message* API changes from alip in. So
> let's try for a freeze this Friday and a release around Oct. 10
> (Canadian thanksgiving ;). So now's your chance to fix up those bindings
> to match the library. Please update NEWS if you do so.

OK, I pushed 0.9~rc2 (and uploaded to debian experimental). Barring any
critical bugs, I plan to release this as 0.9 in a few days. We are
missing some information for NEWS.  Here is the output from git
shortlog, after removing some things I thought already covered by NEWS
or not really needed in NEWS.  Patches for NEWS gratefully accepted.

Aaron Ecay (1):
      Add missing call to g_type_init()

Ali Polatel (9):
      lib: destroy message object after message removal
      lib: make find_message{,by_filename) report errors
      ruby: Add wrappers for database_find_message*
      ruby: Fix macros, use quoting

Jameson Graef Rollins (7):
      Do not attempt to output part raw if part is not GMimePart.
      Fix notmuch-reply to not output "Non-text part:" lines for non-leafnode parts.
      Ignore "application/pgp-*" parts in reply.
      emacs: Add callback functions to crypto sigstatus button.
      emacs: add notmuch-show-refresh-view function

Justus Winter (9):
      python: add a .gitignore file and refine the toplevel one
      python: add status and message attributes to NotmuchError
      python: fix NotmuchError.__str__ if status == None
      python: rename _verify_initialized_db to _assert_db_is_initialized
      python: rename _verify_dir_initialized to _assert_dir_is_initialized
      python: raise a more specific error in Messages.print_messages
      properly raise exceptions in python bindings
      python: fix docstring of Message.get_header()
      python: provide more exception classes

Martin Owens (1):
      python: Ensure that we pass utf-8 encoded string to libnotmuch

Sebastian Spaeth (14):
      python: Add database_find_message_by_filename bindings
      python: add begin|end_atomic bindings
      python: Improve code documentation
      python: Add new functions in API documentation
      python: rework creating of Subclasses
      python: also use libnotmuch.so.2
      python: Catch up with find_message(by_filename) API changes
      python: Add the new exception types in the API documentation
      python: whitespace fixed in docstrings
      python: clean up docstrings and API documentation
      python: help function Query._assert_query_is_initialized
      python: Set status in the class definitions

Thomas Jost (1):
      python: fix Message.get_filenames()