tag sharing

Jesse Rosenthal jrosenthal at jhu.edu
Thu Oct 6 13:40:00 PDT 2011

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 17:23:21 -0300, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:
> What doesn't work is searches for the whole namespace "notmuch search
> tag:bremner.*" will return nothing, even though "notmuch search
> tag:bremner.to-fix" does.

A simple shell way to do this would be

    notmuch search-tags | grep "^bremner\." | xargs -I {} notmuch search tag:{}

That's pretty quick over a fair amount of messages. It would be quicker,
I imagine, if it did the grepping inside of a program, but this is still
way down there in the subsecond range.

NB. I don't have that many tags, so maybe the grepping step would bog
down a bit if I had more. But I doubt someone would have that much more
than a few hundred.