Python Unicode Was: Not much database creation error

Fri Sep 16 04:32:53 PDT 2011

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:41:11 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> I've attached a diff for some proposed changes to help make dealing with
> unicode and strings in the bindings more regular. I noticed some of the
> methods were protected and others were not.

I've now pushed a slightly modified version of the patch (BTW, you have
find_message_by_filename() when I don't, care to send that patch too?
:-))

As discussed on IRC with Bremner and ojwb: Rather than hardcoding UTF-8
we should probably detect the systems locale variable and use that as
encoding for file paths (falling back to utf8).

But your patch is better than what we have before, so it's going in for
now.

Sebastian