Patches, Developers and Training

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:46:55 PDT 2011

Dear NotMuch Developers,

As I understand it, notmuch is currently experiencing a backlog in the
patch review process which is quite extensive.

I'm not sure what the exact process is, but I imagine you're using some
kind of tool similar to launchpad's merge request functionality that
allows you to see branches for merging (or in this case patches).

If the system tools are good, then does the project need more training
from veterans to bring some new blood into the patch review/merge
process? What is the exact bottleneck for us to have a healthy, prompt
and robust patching process?

If the query/help is out of place, my apologies.

Best Regards, Martin Owens