Patch formatting: (was: remove GNU specific nm option from version script)

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at nixu.com
Tue Aug 30 04:04:03 PDT 2011

On Tue 30 Aug 2011 12:20, Matthias Guedemann <matthias.guedemann at googlemail.com> writes:

> hi all,
>
> I compiled notmuch on OpenBSD and stumbled onto the usage of the GNU
> specific option "--defined" to nm.
>
> I replaced this with calling nm without options and then filtering the
> output with grep
>
> tried on OpenBSD 5.0 -current and Debian on current git head

Maybe you should check how to "properly" format patches for the list.
For example. see:

http://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2011/005412.html

Note that after three '---' and before the 'diff git ..' the contents
are ignored by git am (or something), for an example, see:

http://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2011/005452.html

> regards
> Matthias

Tomi

PS: Maybe we should have just one page anyone can refer in
reply emails like this?