How does notmuch detect the presence of attachments?

moabi2000 moabi2000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 03:07:14 PDT 2011

Hi,

Two questions:

1) How does  notmuch detect the presence of attachments? I have some
messages that have attachments (which I can see and open when reading
the message), but for which the 'attachment' flag is not set (and
therefore don't show up in a search like "from:myfriend AND

2) Is there an option for notmuch to also index the text of
attachments (like recoll does, which also uses xapian)? People tend to
save attachments with really useless filenames (report2.pdf...), what
I'd like to be able to do is a search like "from:mycolleague AND

Thanks for your help. Notmuch is already very useful!

M.