PATCH: (more) compability with emacs 22

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Fri Aug 19 12:31:49 PDT 2011

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:31:18 +0300, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at nixu.com> wrote:
> Currently, notmuch-lib.el does not have enough emacs < 23
> compability functions.
>
> This patch makes notmuch better compatible with emacs 22:

Hi, Tomi.  Thanks for the patch.  A couple of comments about the patch
formatting:

* Patches should always have good log messages.  For instance, you don't
  explain here what exactly is the compatibility issue that this patch
  is solving.  That's an important thing to include in the body of the
  log.

* Patches should be sent directly to the list in the format output by
  "git format-patch".  This allows them to be applied directly from
  mail, with all logs included, without any extra processing.  I highly
  recommend using "git send-email".

> I personally would like to move emacs < 23 functionality to separate file,
> like 'notmuch-lib22.el' and then write the following to notmuch-lib.el:
>
> (when (< emacs-major-version 23) (require 'notmuch-lib22))

I think this is a really good idea.  Please feel free to send patches
for this to the list.

jamie.