About Ruby bindings

Ali Polatel polatel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:47:09 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I've updated Ruby documentation which is nearly complete now. The
generated documentation is on http://dev.exherbo.org/~alip/notmuch/ruby/
as usual. It seems not many people know about this link though. Maybe we
can move this documentation to notmuchmail.org or add a link from the
wiki. I've checked out the wiki but could not decide where exactly to
add the information on the Ruby bindings.

Just wanted to get your ideas on this, I have some free time and can
write some more documentation or examples which may prove especially
useful to people who come from the world of Sup, which is also written
in Ruby.

In addition, someone told me in #notmuch sometime that providing a gem
would be a good idea. I agree with this but I must admit I do not know
much about gems. If someone is eager to give me a hand with this, we can
work this out too.

Peace and Love!

          -alip