date_relative in notmuch-search

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Fri Jul 15 08:58:45 PDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:22:58 +0100, Patrick Totzke <patricktotzke at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I wodered why "notmuch search --format=json" doesn't provide the "date_relative" field for
> results, as the show command does.
>
> I'm not expert on notmuch internals but I got it working like this:

Hi, Patrick.  I think this is a very reasonable patch.  However, there
are a couple of things you need to do to get this patch accepted.

First of all, you should send the patch to the list in a format that
will allow it to be applied directly to a git repo.  In particular, it
needs to include a good commit log message.  Look at using git send-mail
to send it to the list, which will format it correctly.

Also, I'm quite sure this patch will require a couple of changes to the
test suite.  You should submit a patch that changes the test suite to
reflect the desired changes *first*, followed by the patch that fixes
the issue.

Thanks!

jamie.