Slowness (search opens every email file?)

Istvan Marko notmuch at kismala.com
Tue Jul 12 18:55:55 PDT 2011

Austin Clements <amdragon-3s7WtUTddSA at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Istvan, did you make any progress on this patch since the last
> version?  I seem to recall it just needed general cleanup (code style
> and such) and a better answer for backwards compatibility (the
> unfortunate " " thing).

I have been using the version that encodes empty headers to " " but
another way to handle this is to simply not set a VALUE for empty
headers and then fall back to the original parsing method for these
messages. Emails without from/subject/message-id headers are not very
common so perhaps this is a good compromise.

Below is the patch without the " " hack.