notmuch Digest, Vol 20, Issue 57

Sander Boer sanderboer at mauc.nl
Wed Jul 6 11:31:03 PDT 2011

Dear Sebastian,

If IMAP supports tags, is that not a big deal ?
I mean, having a converging point for all tags, is that not like the holy
grail in this field ?

Obviously, there must be a caveat, you mentioned client-support, which is
inconvenient, but of no long term consequence.
Do you know what the status is of *server* support ? Because imo this *is* a
big deal, without real standardized server support an IMAP store for tags is
off the table.

best,
Sander