notmuch Digest, Vol 20, Issue 57

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Wed Jun 29 13:54:40 PDT 2011

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:21:11 -0600, Mark Anderson <ma.skies at gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally prefer --output=files remain as it was, with one file per
> mail (even though I submitted the patch to change it).  I suggest that
> we could add another format to supply all files (perhaps
> --output=allfiles, or --output=dupfiles).  I don't like my original
> suggestion of "filelists" because it implies a list of lists to me.  A
> list of lists would correlate better to the number of messages which
> match the search terms, but doesn't correlate well to xargs input.

What's wrong with just outputting all the files matching the search,
including duplicates?  I can't think of any reason where one would want
to not include all files matching the search.  I would be curious to
hear a use case there.

Since I'm on this kick anyway, I'm going to keep pushing against further
customizations where there really isn't a need.

jamie.