Debian package not building

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jun 28 12:33:06 PDT 2011

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:34:02 -0700, Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
> Hey, folks.  As of today I am for some reason no longer able to build
> the Notmuch Debian package.  I'm using the same build technique I have
> been using for a while (git-buildpackage).  The tail of the failing
> build log is pasted at the bottom of this message.  Is anyone else
> encountering anything like this?

I use git-buildpackage as well. I did recently need to "apt-get install
python-all" for a recent build-dependency addition. But I'm not getting
any failure like you are getting here.

> I did recently do a system upgrade, so it's
> possible that something there could have caused the problem.

For what it's worth, I did hit some recent problems when doing a Debian
upgrade of libc6. The problem I hit manifested itself much worse, (no
dynamically-linked programs would run). That bug (and its fix) is
described here:

I don't know if it's related to your problem at all, but it's certainly
possible that something unrelated to notmuch is causing the failure
you're getting.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com