Python updates

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jun 21 14:46:02 PDT 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:58:39 +0200, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:
> P.S. Once I get started.... I was teased on IRC, so I also implemented:
>
> Message().maildir_flags_to_tags and tags_to_maildir_flags, which are now
> by default invoked on Database().add_message and on any operation that
> modifies notmuch tags. See the updated API docs at:

I'm not a fan of the above.

I would greatly prefer that any language bindings for notmuch implement
the same semantics as the underlying functions.

If we should fix Database().add_message to automatically call
maildir_flags_to_tags, then we should also fix
notmuch_database_add_message to do the same thing.

I can't see any good justification for behavior like this to be
different depending on the language being used to access the library.

Please consider changing things to match the semantics of the underlying
library.

Thanks,

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com