Multiple sender identities (composing)

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Sun May 29 15:38:15 PDT 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011 14:54:37 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> I've wanted something like this, but I'm extremely reluctant to put
> fancy things like this in my .emacs file. The problem I have is that I
> don't want to restrict nice features to the people who manage to
> configure their emacs "just so".

I completely agree - and am rather glad that there's a proper solution now.

> I'll reply with a patch I just wrote attempting to implement that. By
> default, it generates the list of addresses by looking in your notmuch
> configuration file. It also provides a customizable list of addresses
> that the user can provide (notmuch-identities).

I'll try trunk with the patches as soon as I get home from travel and am
somewhat remotely close to not being a zombie.

> I don't know what trouble you had with ido on Ubuntu, but hopefully you
> can work that out.

I hope so too... it could just be how I was trying to use it or user
ignorance or something like that.

--
Stewart Smith