release-candidate/0.6

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Fri May 6 12:46:34 PDT 2011

Hi, folks.  As some of you already know, I am trying to put together a
release candidate for a 0.6 release that we can present to cworth for
approval.  This branch can be found in my public notmuch repository in
the "release-candidate/0.6" branch:

git remote add jrollins git://finestructure.net/notmuch
git remote update
git checkout -t -b release-candidate/0.6 jrollins/release-candidate/0.6

So far, this release candidate includes a couple of patch series that
are not currently on cworth's master branch:

json structure now replicates mime structure
* dme's json-fully-reflects-MIME-structure improvements
* dkg/jrollins's PGP/MIME cryptographic support
* amdragon's atomicity improvements
* a couple other small improvements

I might try to add a couple of more things before declaring the
candidate release-ready, but this is more-or-less it.  Please start
using this branch "in production" as much as possible, so that we can
build up a chorus of support for pushing this release out.  Once you
have build, tested, and started using the branch, please reply to this
email thread to express your support for it's release.

jamie.

PS: note to Debian users:

The release-candidate/0.6 branch also includes debian package updates,
so you should be able to easily build debian packages from the branch:

git buildpackage -uc -us --git-ignore-branch

However, the current version of libgmime-2.4 in testing and unstable
(2.4.23-1) unfortunately breaks signature verification, which means that
many of the crypto tests will fail.  The issue has been fixed upstream,
and we've been pushing on the libgmime maintainer to push a new release.
Hopefully a release of notmuch 0.6 into debian will put extra pressure
on getting this issue resolved.