Warning when GMime is parsing broken email addresses

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Apr 25 15:23:41 PDT 2011

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:20:26 +0100, Matthieu Lemerre <racin at free.fr> wrote:
> Maybe it would also be interesting to add a warning/assertion to check
> that all email adresses added to the database are correct email
> addresses? I.e. check that the `addr' variable in _index_address_mailbox
> always has a @. This check is in fact already done using the function
> strchr, but a bad value is explicitly ignored...

Hmm... we could add a warning like that. But I don't know how useful it
would actually be. (I, for one, am currently not seeing any warnings
From "notmuch new"---maybe I should fix that...).

Since GMime is fixed upstream (as of version 2.4.18) another option
would be to simply make the notmuch build system require a sufficiently
new version of GMime in order to build.

What do you think?

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com