(auto-)tagging sent messages

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Mon Apr 25 15:25:02 PDT 2011

Hi Carl,

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 13:27:26 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> > My goal is to use notmuch remotely directly on my IMAP server but there
> > are problems when doing notmuch new in the dovecot tree (dovecot index
> > files if I recall correctly).
>
> Can you describe what the specific problems are here? It would be great
> to fix notmuch to work well in this scenario.
>
> Perhaps we would simply need a list of filename patterns to ignore?

I just tested it again.

My IMAP server tree is like this:

On 'notmuch new', it works as expected -i.e. ignoring non-mail files
such as index files.

Alas, in the end it fails with an error message:

Error opening /exter..../.dovecot.sieve.log: Permission denied
Internal error: add_message returned unexpected value: 4 (notmuch-new.c:448)

I hope it will help.

/Xavier