(auto-)tagging sent messages

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Apr 25 14:41:28 PDT 2011

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 16:56:31 -0400, Tim Gray <tgray at protozoic.com> wrote:
> That sounds like a sensible fix to me.  But I am running notmuch on a
> maildir tree that does have dovecot files floating around in it (I use
> sieve to deliver my mail to folders) and notmuch doesn't seem to have
> much of a problem automatically ignoring said files.

Right. Notmuch does already automatically detect files that are
obviously not email and ignore them.

I just wondered if perhaps there was a performance problem from notmuch
having to keep looking at these non-mail files over and over again.

Though, even if that were the only problem, we could just teach notmuch
to remember that particular files were detected as not-email to fix the
performance problem without requiring any user configuration.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com