python documentation

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Mon Apr 18 05:32:16 PDT 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:16:15 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 23:26:29 -0700, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> > I just discovered this:
> >
> > http://packages.python.org/notmuch/
> >
> > I don't know who did this, but THANK YOU!!  I want to buy you a beer.
>
> I prefer the stronger type of beer. But I'll even take Budweiser :-).
>
> Please ship in August to San Antonio, Texas when I'll be there for a
> conference ;).
>
> Seriously, you are welcome. I am lagging a bit behind changes in notmuch
> (the get_filenames iterator comes to my mind). But I do like to deliver
> my stuff with complete docs...

Highly appreciated!

I updated http://notmuchmail.org/howto/ to point to notmuch instead of
cnotmuch, but I cannot tell whether the example there is still
up-to-date.

I think it is confusing that it has a different versioning than notmuch
itself and that it would be more intuitive if the current bindings on
pypi [1] would have the same version as the current stable release of
notmuch. If they would also work with older releases of notmuch, that
could still be indicated, as it is done now.

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/notmuch

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC