Filtering out replies to a patch series

Pieter Praet pieter at praet.org
Sun Apr 17 23:57:07 PDT 2011

See id:"m2vd3p3u78.fsf at kcals.maillard.im"

> Several patches in the series could have replies to them and hence
> they need to be filtered out.
>
> e.g. I use notmuch show --output=mbox thread:000000000000eb4e to get
> the basic series. But I'd appreciate any tips on filtering out the
> replies.

Something like this might work:

  noreplieskthxbye() {
      thread_id=${1}
      target_dir=/tmp/${thread_id}
      test -d ${target_dir} && echo "Patch queue dirty. Remove ${target_dir}" && return 1
      mkdir -p ${target_dir}
      notmuch show --format=mbox ${thread_id} | git mailsplit -o${target_dir}
      grep -l "^diff --git" ${target_dir}/* | xargs git am -3
      rm -rf ${target_dir} # "Danger, Will Robinson!"
  }

  noreplieskthxbye thread:000000000000eb4e

But I'd be suprised beyond belief if there weren't a *sane* way to do
this. I might also need some coffee first...