(auto-)tagging sent messages

Pieter Praet pieter at praet.org
Sat Apr 16 05:57:07 PDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:03:12 +0200, Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net> wrote:

> With my current setup (implying that it might be already possible with
> notmuch but I am not aware how), when sending a message it is put in
> "/home/cfl/mail/sent" via Fcc.

This can be configured with the variable notmuch-fcc-dirs,
eg. disable it with:  (setq notmuch-fcc-dirs nil)

> In order for it to be seen by notmuch I then need to run:
> notmuch new
>
> and for it to be tagged as sent:
> notmuch tag +sent -- not tag:sent and from:flo at chaoflow.net
>
> Should / how could this be automated?

For this to be possible, "notmuch new" needs the ability to selectively
index individual files/folders, which it currently does not.

See this (non-)discussion:
id:"AANLkTikddX=fYiDmnN2Jx3ERcJndw=80+5_07=M45MQ=@mail.gmail.com"

> Further, for certain mails I sent (like this one ) I would like a
> WAITING tag (or similar) in order to indicate that I am waiting for an
> answer. Currently I set this manually. Could this be achieved through
> some indicators via message mode or similar means? e.g.:
>
> <#notmuch tag=WAITING> analog to <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

No idea how this works since I don't follow Jameson's crypto branch,
but it's probably not a good idea for this use case since (I presume)
the indicator will become permanently lodged in the content of the
mail, which isn't where highly volatile metadata belongs.

> regards
> florian
> --
> Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
>   GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
> Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
> IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC
Non-text part: application/pgp-signature