Problem with "Unexpected output" messages

Andreas Amann a.amann at ucc.ie
Wed Apr 6 12:23:17 PDT 2011

since commit 44d3c57e (emacs: Display any unexpected output from notmuch
search) I see a number of messages of the form

Error: Unexpected output from notmuch search:
thread:000000000000XXXX

after notmuch-search in emacs.

The problem seems to be that some messages contain a "CR LF" sequence in
the "Subject:" line which is either QP or base64 encoded. Apparently the
emacs part of notmuch does not expect such a newline in the subject and
cannot parse the output of "notmuch search". I am happy to forward one
of the offending messages at request.

This problem occurs with the git master branch as well as with the
crypto branch. Is there any way around this?

Andreas