Inconsistent output from "notmuch search --output=<foo>"

Mon Mar 28 17:39:07 PDT 2011

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:09:03 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> Meanwhile, while adding the --output= test, I noticed some inconsistency
> in the output:

>         $ notmuch search --output=messages ... | head -1
>         id:1272355278.3878.111.camel at thor.local

> The inconsistency is the presence of the "thread:" and "id:" prefixes
> [...] I can't find any good justification for these.

> I think the right answer is to drop those prefixes in the output.

I know I had spoken in favor of these prefixes before, but I discovered
that I find them annoying. I often stash message id's for pasting them
to git-send-email's --in-reply-to option and I always have to manually
remove the id: prefix.

So if you are still interested in getting rid of it, go for it :-)

Sebastian