RFC: notmuch powered (personal) (end-to-end) e-mail system

Brett Viren brett.viren at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 08:18:32 PDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Ciprian Dorin Craciun
<ciprian.craciun at gmail.com> wrote:

>    I'm "struggling" for some time to get rid of the current
> "de-facto" email solutions (i.e. GMail, Zimbra), and I've passively
> observed for some time the notmuch project and community.

It sounds like what you want *is* GMail (I don't know Zimbra) but just
that you want it running on your own box instead of on Google's
servers.

>    Suggestions? Considerations?

Based on what you wrote, I think BerkeleyDB will be too limiting.
I suggest for you to look into DBMail[1] for the mail store.

-Brett.

[1] http://www.dbmail.org/